Ο Mark Cuban once said ‘Time is your most precious asset, which does not belong to you. You may have figured it out by now, you may not, but how you use your time is the best indication of where you are heading in the future. ‘
It’s a graduation season. This is the time of dreams. This is a time for new beginnings. There are a lot of people who don’t know what they want to do with their lives. And you know something? It is completely normal. Most people do not know.
- First, that you are about to enter in the best years of your life.
- Second, that these years are not the years to chase security.
- Third, that you must learn to give up. Switch from idea to idea.
What do I mean? Think about what you are doing in your life right now. Think about the job you will have in the summer. Think about what your parents are offering you. Is that what you really want? If the answer is no, then give up. And do it fast. Save yourself valuable time.
Do not look for a secure job or a guaranteed income for years to come. Your priorities should not be to save as much money as you can, as quickly as possible, to meet your consumer needs. This will not make you happy. Maybe the first week. Maybe the second. Until there. What will make you happy is to live the life you want. So you have in front of you a time frame of absolute freedom – maybe up to 30 – to achieve it.
Of course, it will not be easy. So far, so good. You may not understand it until now, but it was all. The reason is simple – everything was organized. You go to school, you do what you have to do, success. You go to university, you do what you have to do, success. Life is not organized, it does not follow a specific course. Life is hard. The good news is that the years to come are easy. Obligations, marriage, family. You are flexible, you can change course easily and failure costs less at this time in your life.
You can go out there, change jobs one after another, return to a small apartment with 2 other friends, eat fast food, go out again out there, to try things, to give up, to try again, until you settle into what you really want to do and build on it. The whole process, however, requires the most valuable asset a person can have. Time. After a few years and a few changes in your life, this will seem impossible.
- Do not leave anything because it is difficult. Give it up, because this is not you.
- Leaving them is not a weakness. It is power. Only the strong know how to say no. They say thank you but this is not for me and I owe it to myself to find what I really want.
- You will know it when you find what you really want. You will offer. You will create value. You will enjoy it. You would not change it for nothing. Now is the time to take a risk. Now you have dreams. Now you have the energy. Start that business you have always dreamed of. Change branch if he does not fill you. Do not think a second time knocking on the appropriate doors. Do what you have to do. Do not allow yourself to be trapped in places that do not fill you. Do not let the fear of the unknown keep you save but indifferent. Seek, try, give up. Try now, while you still have time, to find what will make you happy for the next 60 years of your life.